Retrobics with Tyla
Dance through the decades with this fun and varied 60-minute aerobic workout, with extra body conditioning to tone and stretch muscles.
What is Retrobics?
A full-body cardio workout incorporating old-school aerobics dance and music with new methods and techniques.
Easy to follow routines set to an eclectic range of tunes from the 50’s to early Y2K.
Suitable for women aged 15-80, at all levels of fitness.
Benefits Of Retrobics
- Gain strength, lose weight, increase flexibility
- Improve fitness, balance and co-ordination.
- Regularly attended aerobic workouts are also known to boost mood, improve brain function, diminish depression, aid sleep, reduce stress and strengthen the immune system.
What To Bring
- Water and a small towel.
- Cash (for payment – no EFTPOS available)
- Sensible workout footwear. Trainers are ideal.
- Hand/wrist weights. The Boiler House has a few hand weights, but feel free to bring your own.
- Fun-loving female family and friends; there are options for all levels of dance ability!
- Your booty and the willingness to shake it.
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
Don’t let childcare issues hold you back from getting fit and socialising with other ladies from the community. Younger children are welcome and can sit at the side.
You are required to fill out a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR Q) before your first class OR if your health has changed since you last filled out a PAR Q for Retrobics. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early in order to do so. Alternatively, you can print and complete the questionnaire in advance at PAR Q and bring it with you
Please let Tyla know if you have any existing injuries or health conditions that may affect your work out. If you have a medical condition please seek professional advice from a health specialist before engaging in the class.
- Level 2 Dance Fitness Qualification with EMD
- Licensed Zumba Instructor
- Registered Member of REPS
- Basic First Aid Certificate holder
For further enquiries about the class, other sessions or mixed classes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
£5 per session (drop in’s).
£20 for 5 classes (redeemable over 8 weeks).
George Downing residents & concessions £4 (proof needed).